Hookah Team Leader
The Team Leader at Huqqa Jamaica is responsible for providing guidance, instruction, training, and leadership skills to inspire the team to perform at their best. The main objective is to create a cohesive team that works efficiently together to maximize sales potential. The Team Leader should lead by example and maintain healthy work relationships with team members, as well as with Huqqa Jamaica service location’s staff and management.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Customer Service Responsibilities:
– Ensure that all guests feel welcome and receive responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
– Resolve guest issues encountered by the service staff in the absence of a supervisor or manager.
– Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
– Have key access to POS in the absence of a supervisor or manager.
– Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned stations and service areas.
– Answer customer questions about hookahs and provide recommendations when requested.
– Inform customers of daily specials.
– Take customer orders.
– Prepare and serve customer hookah in a timely manner.
– Prepare tables for service.
– Maintain a clean and organized workstation before, during, and after service.
– Clean and reset the hookah before and after every use.
2. Human Resources Responsibilities:
– Provide guidance and supervision to Hookah Attendants.
– Train new employees and supervise current employees to consistently provide exemplary service and achieve operational excellence.
– Set clear team goals. – Delegate tasks.
– Oversee day-to-day operations.
– Monitor and evaluate team performance.
– Motivate team members.
– Listen to the attendants’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
3. Inventory/Store Management Responsibilities:
– Plan ways to optimize inventory control procedures.
– Inspect business supplies and raw materials to identify shortages.
– Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and customer demand.
– Record daily deliveries to reconcile inventory.
– Use software to monitor demand and document inventory characteristics.
– Place orders to replenish stock, avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
– Analyze data to anticipate future needs.
– Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships.
All work must be conducted in accordance with the following standards:
– Huqqa Jamaica Employee Handbook.
– Huqqa Jamaica Standard Operating Procedures.
– Any relevant and applicable legislation and guidelines.
Internal and External Contacts:
– Hookah Attendants.
– Service Location Staff.
– Huqqa Jamaica Management.
Special conditions associated with the job:
– Working outside of regular work hours, including weekends.
– Long periods of standing and walking.
– Exposure to open fire.
– Excellent leadership skills.
– Excellent decision-making skills.
– Strong command of the English language and effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
– Analytical mind with strong math skills.
– Proven work experience as a Team Leader.
– Professional conduct, sound judgment, and the ability to build effective working relationships.